Senior User Experience Designer
Trineo delivers custom solutions for global organizations and has been a well recognized Heroku and Salesforce partner since 2010. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications.
As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering (backend and frontend).
We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to join our Boulder team. You’d be part of a growing global professional services practice in the process of expanding our US footprint. You will have the opportunity to work in a diversely skilled team as described above. You will report to our Boulder-based Bespoke Practice Manager who is responsible for the successful running and delivery of our projects globally.
In addition to our Boulder office, Trineo has offices in Christchurch, NZ, Auckland, and Sydney, Australia. You would collaborate on a regular basis with colleagues from various Trineo offices/locations.
Trineo is and will always be a small team, with 65 team members worldwide, growing slowly and deliberately. We're not looking for gurus, rock stars, or ninjas. We're interested in working with level-headed people who operate with a sense of confidence, humility and humor. Our global footprint truly brings to life our belief in celebrating diversity.
Required Activities and Skills
- Work closely with clients, product managers, developers, BAs and other team members to understand customer needs and challenges in order to deliver a world class product experience
- Participate regularly in the development of user stories, sprint planning sessions, design reviews, and quality assurance
- Facilitate client workshops and discussions on all aspects of user experience including stakeholder requirements, user research and analysis, and the creation of wireframes, storyboards, visual designs, prototypes, sitemaps and screen flows to support new products and feature enhancements
- Conduct regular usability testing and provide actionable reports summarizing results -- develop personas and usage scenarios to support testing
- Conduct competitor analysis and incorporate findings and best practices into future product designs
- Produce designs that adhere to and extend existing or new style guides and design systems
- Generate detailed specifications of final designs that allow distributed engineering teams to build accurately, and work with engineers and QA to deliver polished final features and products
- Have proven experience working in an agile development environment and defining and delivering successful products to market
- Have keen problem-solving and organizational abilities, plus creativity, passion and attention to detail
- Turn complex problems into clean and delightful experiences and interactions
- Mentor and collaborate with other UX designers through peer review
- Have the ability to articulate and effectively communicate complex concepts to stakeholders at all levels and gain consensus
- Have familiarity with modern design tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Zeplin, and InVision
- Design UX and UI for clients across three platforms: web, mobile, and tablet Deliverables may consist of comps, wireframes, whiteboard sketches, spreadsheets, or whatever you feel is appropriate to convey the idea and implementation, then confirming that level of fidelity meets the needs of those dependent upon your work
- Possess a strong foundation in and promote good use of typography, whitespace, iconography, and navigation patterns across our platforms
We’re looking for candidates with experience working with consumer-facing platforms driven by backend systems. Ideally you will have 5+ years of design strategy, design research, experience design and visual design with consultative experience in a product, consultancy, or agency environment. However, we have a team with a variety of skills at different levels and above all else, we’re looking for candidates who will be the best fit and addition to our team and culture.
As a successful fit for the role, here are some characteristics you embody and/or aspire to cultivate:
- Experience with agile delivery methodology (Specifically Scrum and Kanban)
- Experience working independently to deliver results
- Experience in taking a consultative approach with stakeholders and product owners (our customers)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, collaborating with BAs, Product Owners, Project Managers, Designers, Developers, and Subject Matter Experts to influence decisions based on user-centric design principles
- A strong desire to learn, teach and grow alongside your team members
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- A high level of flexibility and adaptability and a willingness to try new approaches
We have a comprehensive benefits package which includes generous Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, a free Eco Pass, Simple IRA option, generous PTO, flexibility, bi-weekly in-house massage and the opportunity to travel to global Trineo offices. And we have a great location on West Pearl in downtown Boulder.