Head of Engagement & Business Development - Salesforce
With offices in Auckland, Christchurch, Sydney and Boulder, Trineo delivers custom technology solutions for global organisations. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications. As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering. We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We believe the best work is done when everyone is aligned to shared values, no matter the different skill sets, experience, and dreams we bring. Our culture is ever-changing, evolving with every new Trineo, but our ways of working are based on principles that remain steady.
About the role
This is a new and extremely important role within Trineo as it involves creating and converting new opportunities, maintaining relationships with existing customers and collaborating closely with the internal team at Trineo to ensure that the promise makers within the organisation are in perfect harmony with the promise keepers.
The Head of Engagement will be both proactive and reactive in working with prospects, channel partners and existing clients to shape and plan engagements. Trineo is not all things to all people and gracefully saying no will be an important part of the role. The role will be part of the Salesforce Practice Leadership Team (SFLT) and work closely with the Head of Consulting and Head of Operations. The three roles cover the end to end customer lifecycle and work closely and collaboratively to ensure customer success. The role is based in Auckland and primarily working with customers and prospects across New Zealand. Some travel will be required from time to time. The Head of Engagement will report to the COO / Principal of the Salesforce practice.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for driving the revenue pipeline by maintaining a consistent pipeline of new opportunities through a combination of new and existing customer projects with accountability for meeting or exceeding monthly revenue objectives as defined
- The role is approximately 80% working with existing customers and 20% finding net new customers.
- Play a supportive role in business development in Australia
- Contribute to team culture by living and breathing the company values on a daily basis
- The first point of contact for all new lead generation enquiries and will follow up promptly and diligently, delivering a positive prospect experience throughout the process
- Clearly understand customer problems and pain points and work closely with internal Trineo stakeholders to create proposals and solutions to overcome customer problems
- Maintain accurate records of all activities in our CRM system
- Conduct research to enhance customer engagement and expand prospect list using LinkedIn, networking and other methods
- Maintain the highest level of relationships with existing customers by ensuring that the expectations created by the promise makers are met or exceeded by the promise keepers within Trineo and external suppliers
- Collaboratively develop and deliver a process for ongoing account management for existing customers to make Trineo performance visible and ensure maximum value is extended to customers
- Identify product and process improvements to enhance the customer experience
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- You have knowledge of Salesforce with experience in the Salesforce ecosystem
- You have excellent speaking, writing, and presentation skills
- You have high attention to detail and the patience to follow a step-by-step process as you believe it will provide the best results
- You’re comfortable working autonomously, as part of a distributed team
- You are approachable, kind, innovative, and resourceful
- You are not afraid to lead, make decisions, and share your educated opinion
- You take nothing for granted, are excellent at asking great questions and actively listening to truly understand customer needs and expectations
- You are self-confident, not needing the approval of others and willing to challenge traditional thinking whilst at the same time treating all stakeholders with respect
We're a dynamic company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do.
Trineo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
This role offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes monthly in-house massage, training allowance and the opportunity to travel. If you want to work for a company that loves to share their knowledge and up-skill their employees, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. We have a great location in central Auckland.