Software Engineer 1
With offices in Sydney, Christchurch, Auckland, and Boulder, Trineo delivers custom technology solutions for global organisations. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications. As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering. We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We believe the best work is done when everyone is aligned with shared values, no matter the different skill sets, experiences, and dreams we bring. Our culture is ever-changing, evolving with every new Trineo, but our ways of working are based on principles that remain steady.
Last but not least, Trineo is proudly a Certified B Corporation, joining the growing number of companies using business as a force for good. Certified B Corporations meet rigorous standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance purpose and profit. This enables us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, community and planet.
About the role
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing New Zealand team. Based in Christchurch you will report to one of our Engineering Leads, and contribute to the successful delivery of software products for our customers, within one of our teams. You’ll have the opportunity to work on web-based, back-end and front-end applications, beginning your journey to becoming a full-stack engineer. This is an entry level position, and as such an aptitude and desire to learn is more important than industry experience.
What you’ll do
- Your focus will be on learning through contributing as part of one of our delivery teams.
- You will take part in regular planning, delivery, testing and measuring of software features on the products we develop.
- Your work will go to production, to be used by customers.
- Your work will be reviewed by your peers, who are there to support your efforts. You will in turn support your peers in the same way.
- You display a solid understanding of fundamental computer science concepts. You’re focused on growing as an engineer, learning the team’s tools and current processes, and developing productivity skills, as well as learning about the best practices of software engineering such as testing, source control, and agile planning.
- You are capable of taking well-defined tactical tasks from a larger project and completing these in a reasonable time frame. You are capable of beginning work on a well-defined task alongside another team member and then completing aspects of, or the whole of some tasks, yourself.
- You will be focused on learning about a specific component or product area and mastering that component.
- You will know when to ask for help when you are blocked. You will communicate status to your manager, team, and if applicable, directly to the client.
- Experience with any kind of web development, in the context of commercial, open source or personal projects.
- Understanding of databases and SQL.
We're an agile, dynamic company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do.
Trineo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.