Principal Consultant - Salesforce Practice
With offices in Sydney, Christchurch, Auckland, and Boulder, Trineo delivers custom technology solutions for global organi[sz]ations. Our work tackles system integration, data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications. As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering. We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We believe the best work is done when everyone is aligned to shared values, no matter the different skill sets, experience, and dreams we bring. Our culture is ever-changing, evolving with every new Trineo, but our ways of working are based on principles that remain steady.
We are looking for a Principal Consultant to join us on the journey to rebuild our Australian Salesforce practice. Our focus has been on New Zealand and our Bespoke practice for the last couple of years with team members putting their efforts into these areas with good success as a result. Our Australian Salesforce client list and pipeline has suffered as a consequence.
Now is the time to refocus on Australia by investing in building a team to grow our pipeline and deliver great work. The approach we are taking is to first hire a Principal Consultant who has a broad mix of skills and experience coupled with a desire to grow the practice, the team and themselves.
The role represents a unique opportunity to build up a practice from the ground up with the backing of a trusted brand in the ecosystem.
The Principal Consultant is a foundational role and will be instrumental in the fulfillment of this strategy. The journey they will be joining us on will follow this pattern:
- Principal Consultant hired and on-boarded
- Principal Consultant is given time and support to build a pipeline of projects
- Solution Analyst / Functional Consultant (Delivery Lead) hired based on the confirmed pipeline
- Take on team leadership responsibilities
- First Project delivered using a blend of Sydney and New Zealand team members
- Split time between selling and project managing delivery of what has been sold
- Delivery Lead Hired based on the confirmed pipeline to join the team
- Salesforce Engineer hired based on the confirmed pipeline to join existing Sydney Salesforce Application Architect
- Additional team members hired as appropriate
The person we are looking for is a generalist who can roll their sleeves up and help grow our Sydney book and resultant team. As a successful fit for the role, here are some areas they have experience in, and characteristics they embody and aspire to:
- 5+ years experience with business development (hunting) in the technology space bringing in net new logos
- 2+ years working in some capacity in the Salesforce.com partner ecosystem
- Experience in account management and developing opportunities within existing clients (farming)
- Experience in working alongside channel partners such as Salesforce.com account executives
- Possess non-arrogant confidence and humility
- Building and maintaining a broad network of contacts
- Providing strategic analysis and advice to ensure the successful delivery
- Able to consult from the first meeting by asking good questions
- Does not need a technical person to hold their hand. Knows when to make recommendations based on knowledge and when to seek guidance
- Responsive and have a strong desire to do the right thing by clients, the business and the team
- Knows that the whiteboard is their friend and is happy to use it in any meeting
- Is successfully managing people now or has done so in the past
- Willing to travel to Melbourne or Brisbane if required to engage major East coast opportunities as they arise
- Can deliver as well as sell. A history of having performed a project delivery role so that you can have empathy with the delivery team for the projects you are pursuing
- Knows what Agile Project Management is and how to leverage it
- The ability to say no to a sale, even if at the detriment on your own sales targets, if it is not the right fit for the company.
- Experience working in a consulting environment, balancing the needs and responsibilities of internal and external team members
- Strong desire to learn, teach and grow alongside your team members.
- Motivated to improve the skill level and effectiveness of the team as a whole.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage team members, clients, and stakeholders, to communicate business expectations with the wider team so they can produce the desired outcomes.
- Growth mindset and attitude of lifelong learning.
- A team player, willing to jump in and dig your hands into whatever challenge or obstacle is in front of the team and help, and know when you should (or shouldn’t)
- Knowing that to lead people is to serve people, and that leading by example is the best way to create the reality we seek
- A close alignment with our company values, especially the last one
- A fine sense of humour; all work and no play makes for dull days …
This role offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes monthly in-house massage, training allowance and the opportunity to travel to our clients' global offices. If you want to work for a company that loves to share their knowledge and up-skill their employees, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. We have a great location on Pitt Street in the Sydney CBD.