Sr. Product Owner
With offices in Sydney, Christchurch, Auckland, and Boulder, Trineo delivers custom technology solutions for global organi[sz]ations. Our work tackles system integration and data brokering, API development, and highly specific customer and employee applications. As an agile team, we present a complete service offering -- with senior advisory services, product and project management, business analysis, UX, and engineering. We’re known for our ability to ship valuable work into production in complex and challenging environments.
We believe the best work is done when everyone is aligned to shared values, no matter the different skill sets, experience, and dreams we bring. Our culture is ever-changing, evolving with every new Trineo, but our ways of working are based on principles that remain steady.
About the role
We’re looking for a Sr. Product Owner to join our growing U.S. team. Ideally based in Boulder / Denver Colorado, Phoenix, AZ, or Seattle, WA, you will report to our Head of Delivery, NA and be a key piece in continuing to innovate for our existing customers, improve our processes, and build new successful programs. Taking a product mindset to our customer engagements, this role will deliver quality solutions with a user-centric approach to help our customers achieve business objectives.
What you’ll do
- Analysis - Empathize with your customers to fully understand
- Product planning with the customer to define user-centric journeys, roadmapping and feature definition to strive towards a minimum valuable product.
- Focus on surfacing high-importance areas quickly through solution fit-gap analysis, risk assessments, mitigation plans and other tools.
- Management - Ensure quality and success
- Guide solutions to completion with engineering team and QA, ensuring quality and accuracy, including feature demos and release change management.
- Manage product backlog, sprint planning, release planning and retrospectives.
- Define and manage day-to-day aspects of business alignment including constraint model, project cadence, scrum ceremonies, financials and additional PM tasks
- Engagement - Build sound relationships
- Prepare and lead engagements with strategy exercises to quickly define business objectives and key results, helping to shape future-state solutions.
- Manage stakeholder engagement, determining a vision and goals for the effort, aligning all parties on objectives and measuring success throughout.
- Build a team culture with your customer allowing for easy flow of information including methodology, expectations and escalations
We're an agile, dynamic company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do.
- Ideally, 5+ years of overall relevant experience with 3+ years experience with agile delivery methodology (specifically Scrum and Kanban).
- Consulting experience in B2B or B2B2C solutions with strong interpersonal skills to engage team members, clients, and stakeholders.
- Experience working in a cross-functional “digital team” building enterprise solutions on cloud platforms/infrastructure.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Strong desire to learn, teach and grow alongside your team members.
- Worked with customers to develop a deeper, more strategic relationship by proactively building a long-term plan through stakeholder interviews, business capability matrices and multi-system experience design.
- Supported leadership teams by uncovering new areas of opportunity where your company can engage and improve with new innovative solutions.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Trineo is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify, and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
Trineo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources